Friday, February 4, 2011

HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY TO "THE GIPPER"

This is posted today due to February 6th falling this year on a Sunday.


     It was on a Monday, on the sixth day of the month of February, in the year of our Lord 1911, in an apartment on the second floor of a commercial building in Tampico, Illinois, to John "Jack" Reagan and Nelle Wilson Reagan, that Ronald Wilson Reagan was born.
     What can I say about a man who had such an impact on the United States and the world. He was my Commander-in-Chief when I served I the United States Navy from December of 1984 to January of 1988.
     On the 100th anniversary of the day of his birth, I believe that the best way of remembering President Reagan is hearing something of his on words.
     On January 11, 1989, he gave his farewell address from the Oval Office of the White House. Below is a video of that address. After hearing it, you might say like I did, "We miss you Mr. President. We wish you were hear today to lead us through these difficult times."

No comments:

Post a Comment