Saturday, November 27, 2010

PRIMA FACIE

     Truthfully, this is not my first attempt at starting a blog.  I pray that this attempt will fare much better than all of the others.  But, this will be my first posting on this particular blog.
     My guiding Bible verses for this blog will be:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5

   For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war in the flesh.
   For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.
   We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,  (ESV)

   Spiritual warfare is a major part of a Christian's walk also long as he/she is on this side of what Shaespeare's Hamlet referred to as "the undiscovered country."  That warfare does not for the part and for most Christians consist of any head-to-head battles with or banishing of devils.  No.  The spiritual warfare that I as a Christian will face each day is explained in the verses above.
   Our daily battles are against any and also errors that come against the truth of the one true God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  These all come in the forms of the wrong thoughts, doctrine, and arguments that those who do not truly know Christ as Lord and Savior have about Him and His Word.
   As a Christian, God requires that I should be able to articulate a sound defense of what I believe and why I beieve in it in a firm but also humble manner. (c.f. 1 Peter 3:15)
   So, as shown in the sub-title of this blog, the main motis operandi of this blog will be the proclamation and defense of the Gospel of  Jesus Christ.
   All visitors will be welcomed and commit on any post. I know that some exchanges will become passionate, but there is no need for profanity in any of these exchanges.  I look forward to the days ahead.

Your servant in Christ,
Michael Hotard

Soli Deo Gloria

  

No comments:

Post a Comment